website stats
When I am Copyeditor General ...: The keepers of words will know how to use them

Friday

The keepers of words will know how to use them

I've already written about the shameless manner in which libraries promote themselves.

Blame, of course, lies not with librarians themselves, but with those responsible for creating their websites.

At least that's what I tell myself when I find things like this, from Simmons College's Beatley Library site:



Too small? Allow me to enhance (read the small print):





Copyeditor General's ruling: Having worked in a university library, I know the daily challenges librarians face: biblioclasm, psychotic co-workers, ghosts. So I'm not going to add to their misery by demanding they also take time to proof their websites. But in the interests of maintaining credibility, don't you think someone should?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, I'm sure the Librarians in question would feel badly if they knew about this. Did you tell them?

Add to Technorati Favorites