website stats
When I am Copyeditor General ...: True beauty will be in proofread copy

Sunday

True beauty will be in proofread copy

Despite my best efforts to be a girly girl, I'm not. And when I go to Sephora, the beauty-supply-and-makeup mecca, I feel as though I need to keep my head down and avoid eye contact with the flawless salesclerks, lest they figure out that I don't know my glossing cream from my brightening serum and laugh me out of the store.

So it was with some relief that I noticed this sign while perusing the beauty tools:



"Unique, pinch-free, compact design makes this pinch-free compact design for go anywhere tool."

Yes, ladies, you're very pretty. But you might want to read your display labels before you put them out.

Copyeditor General's ruling: Small, pointless victories are beautiful in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites