website stats
When I am Copyeditor General ...: Ninjas will have totally sweet editing skills

Sunday

Ninjas will have totally sweet editing skills

When I want to rant make constructive criticism on a topic that covers both food and words, I have a dilemma: do I get snarky outline my concerns here or on LimeyG Bends Yer Lughole, my other, more foodular blog?

This week, I wrote about bad restaurant website design on LimeyG. But I also found a site so loaded with typos, it was more suited to sharing here.



Maybe it's not fair to call out Ninja New York for grammatical incorrectness: the management team is Japanese, so can be forgiven for lack of fluency in English. But should that really be an excuse? Were there no proofreaders, no professional writers, no marketing-department members to suggest an edit here or there?



Copyeditor General's ruling: Ninja, I love you. Your creative food, your cozy caves, even the Magicain who asks my table. But please ask someone to take a look at the site before you make any updates. Oh, and please don't come after me with one of those big swords. Domo arigato gozaimasu.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites